Standard Terms & Conditions
Contemporary Glass Limited will supply and install goods under the following terms and conditions. By accepting a quote from Contemporary Glass Limited you agree to the Terms and Conditions outlined below.
- All pricing excludes GST.
- All quotes are subject to final site measure. Any changes from quoted specifications may result in additional costs.
- All quotes are valid for 60 days.
- All quotes include installation.
- Quotations are based on current costs incurred by Contemporary Glass Limited and any increase to these costs arising between time of quote and installation date shall be paid by the client. Acceptance of the quote is deemed to be agreement to these terms.
- All quotes based on plans, drawings, sketches, schedules and specifications are subject to the accuracy of the information provided by the client or their agent (e.g. Architect). Contemporary Glass Limited will not be held responsible for any inaccuracies associated with this information including quantities, dimensions, materials, position or design that does not comply with relevant New Zealand standards.
All hardware and workmanship is warrantied for 2 years from the date of installation. All claims for damaged or defective goods or faulty workmanship must be received within 14 days of invoicing. Contemporary Glass Limited retains the right to undertake remedial work at it sees fit to rectify any issues.
- Standard payment terms are 50% on acceptance of quote and 50% within 7 days of completion (unless otherwise agreed).
- Contemporary Glass reserves the right to issue progress payments and suspend work if payment is not made.
- All goods remain the property of Contemporary Glass Limited until final payment is received. If payment is not received within the agreed timeframe then Contemporary Glass Limited reserves the right to enter premises where the goods are located and remove the goods. If the goods are fully or partially connected or incorporated with other goods Contemporary Glass Limited reserves the right to reclaim these goods and will not be liable for any damage caused during this process. The client hereby indemnifies Contemporary Glass Limited for any claims for the loss or damage against Contemporary Glass Limited as a result of the exercise of this clause.
- Contemporary Glass Limited reserves the right to charge interest at 2.0% per month, calculated on a daily basis on all overdue monies until the account is settled in full. Any costs associated with the recovery of overdue accounts will be passed on to the client including collection agency costs, legal and court costs.
All products of Contemporary Glass Limited comply with relevant New Zealand standards including NZS 4203 for Glazing and NZS 4223 for Balustrades.
Retention claims will not be accepted unless specifically agreed to in writing by Contemporary Glass Limited and the client.
Delay in Completion
Contemporary Glass Limited will proceed with all reasonable speed without however being liable for any delay arising from disputes with sub-Contractors and/or trades people, accidents, civil commotion, epidemics, floods, bad weather, delays in transportation, shortage of labour and/or materials, difficulties with extras and/or variations, acts of God, demands or requirements of any Government, Local Authority or similar Body insofar as the same being reasonably attributable to Contemporary Glass Limited.
Access to installation areas including scaffolding and craneage is the responsibility of others.
In all circumstances the client must arrange and fully insure the Work against loss or damage.
The Contractor must arrange and maintain public liability insurance for the Contractor and the Contractor's employees against liability for loss or damage to any property, injury or death or illness of any person that arises from the performance of the Work.
Contemporary Glass Limited is entitled to use images of the project taken before, during and after completion for the purposes of marketing collateral including flyers, advertisements and website content.
Permits and Consents
Unless otherwise agreed in writing with Contemporary Glass Limited, the Client will arrange and pay for all required building permits and consents and satisfy any other requirements of the local Authority prior to commencement of the Work.